Date(s) - 14/06/2022 - 16/06/2022
8:30 am - 2:00 pm
About this course:
The purpose of this very unique seminar is to use workshop scenarios and discussions to analyze further the challenges that the CAE’s and the internal auditors are facing in their day to day dealings with their stakeholders and learning how to deal with arising conflicts and anger management so that it will allow them to complete their assignments successfully.
A wide range of key topics will be fully discussed and analyzed:
- communication skills
- the do’s and don’ts of communication,
- types of questions and their correct timing,
- meeting the expectations of varied stakeholders thus preventing possible conflicts from even arising,
- enhancing proactive relationships with the stakeholders,
- the five communication styles that exist and how to handles each one of them,
- confrontations versus disagreements and many more.
This unique seminar is targeted to the all levels of an internal audit department. It will be structured as follows delivery of short presentations followed by workshop discussions
Enrichment of knowledge: The scope for the seminar is to assist the participants to understand the needs and best practices for dealing with conflicts and anger management at the workplace. All challenges will be discussed openly by all participating delegates coming from various backgrounds and industries.
Updating of skills: During the seminar via the use of short presentations and the related workshop talks the attendees will be discussing, analyzing and given directions to resolving or even better to preventing these conflicts from even beginning and also to be able to manage anger.
Full and detailed explanations will be provided for all the key challenges as per the seminar analysis below and various documents/templates will also be handed over to the delegates.
- Day 1: 08:30 – 14:00
- Day 2: 08:30 – 14:00
- Day 3: 08:30 – 14:00
Who Should Attend
- Heads of Internal Audit (CAE)
- Audit Managers and those about to be appointed to that role
- Audit supervisors and auditors
- and to whoever is interested to improve their existing knowledge in the communication, negotiations, anger management and dealing with conflicts in the workplace.
A. Conflicts in the workplace
- Confrontations Vs Disagreements
- Reasons for Conflicts
- Conflict consequences
- Win-Win scenarios
- Practical ways to avoid conflicts
- What you should do when a conflict arises?
Workshop: How do you deal with conflicts and how do they affect your everyday work? Two practical scenarios to be analyzed and presented in class.
B. Communication Skills:
- The essence of communication
- Studies on communication skills
- The most common ways we communicate
- Communication networks
- Barriers to communication
- Effective communication
- Essential Communication dos and don’ts
- Five communication styles
- Men Vs Women brains
- 5 Communication Styles:
- passive aggressive
Workshop: Challenges that an Auditor is facing today w.r.t. communication! Active listening assessment test of the participants and evaluation of results.
C. Anger management:
- If you get upset what are steps that you will need to follow to calm down?
- How can you resolve problems without personalizing them?
- Workplace Jealousy
- Why is this happening?
- How can you handle this?
- How people react to change?
- How do you deal/handle the uniqueness amongst people?
- How can you create positive climate in your company?
- How can you handle personal inner conflicts?
Workshop: Challenges of Anger management
D. Professional Body language:
- The three rules of Body language
- Hand signals – handshakes
- Cultural differences
- Signs of evaluation and deception
- Eye signals
- Basic standing positions
- The 13 most used body movements we see everyday
- Sitting arrangements – where to sit and why
- 7 simple strategies to give you the extra edge
- Putting it all together
Workshop: Communication Practice – For this activity the instructor will be giving you words in order for you to communicate them to your colleagues using the following techniques
E. Best Practices for Negotiating:
- Examples for negotiations
- Communication characteristics of negotiations
- The PIPES model
- Best practices for difficult negotiations
- Actively Structure the Negotiation
- Manage Conflict
- Break Through
Workshop: Small Group Activity: Interest Behind Positions – Two practical scenarios to be analyzed and presented in class.
- How to create a positive climate in your company
- how to handle a personal inner conflict
- Personal Euphoria in order to avoid conflicts
CPE Credits: 12
Field of Study: Auditing
Advance Preparation: None
Delivery Format: Group-Live
Bookings are closed for this event.