Date(s) - 26/09/2023 - 29/09/2023
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
The training program aims to enable participants to objectively understand the principles and basics of data analysis technology in internal audits and risk management, as “data analysis” technology is the modern method and approach in conducting many audits and risk examinations and evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls.
In addition to its widespread use in organizations to help decision makers understand the nature of operations and take decisions objectively and appropriately to achieve the goals of the institution.
The most important expectations of the training program
After completing the training program, the most important expectations of the course participants are:
- An ability to objectively define and understand “data analysis”, while defining characteristics and objectives for the use of the technology.
- Understand the principles underlying the “data analysis” technology, with an overview of the most important applications used in that technology.
- Identify some of the leading practices in the use of “data analysis” technology at the enterprise level in general.
- Identifying some important practices in the use of “data analysis” technology at the level of internal audits and risk management.
- Practical and field examples of ways and methods of using “data analysis” technology in internal audits.
- Practical examples will explain how to conduct “data analysis” on selected departments, such as: human resource management, procurement, finance.
- The goal of focusing on explaining field examples is to enable participants to carry out “data analysis” tasks directly in their work upon completion of the course.
Who should attend?
- Financial professionals
- Information Systems Auditors
- Data Quality and Business Excellence Mangers
- Internal Auditors
- Operational Experts
Session – 1
- Understand the use of Data Analytics Tools.
- Understand data analysis techniques & process
- Understanding Database concepts and Data formats
Session – 2
Perform Basic Analytics
- Performing simple analysis
- Running commands on data
- Tracking your workflow using the log
Session – 3
- Working with expressions and filters
- Creating Computed fields (Conditional & Unconditional)
- Functions & Features
Session – 4
- Learn how to import different data types (PDFprint image, Fixed Width file,)
- Learn more about ACL Connectors and establish ODBC connection
- Reusing imported table layouts
Session – 5
Understand data preparing factors:
- Integrity of the data.
- Control Totals
Session – 6
- Grouping Data Commands
- Reordering Data
- Isolating Data
Session – 7
- Grouping Data
- Fraud Detection Techniques (Benford, Outliers)
Session – 8
Combing Data using the below techniques:
- Append Command
- Relate Command
- Join, Fuzzy Join Command
Session – 9
- Create basic scripts from the log file as part of continuous monitoring process
Applying Use Cases & Activities.