Date(s) - 27/06/2022 - 29/06/2022
8:00 am - 3:00 pm
About this course:
Most often when things go wrong we end up treating the symptoms instead and pray that the problem disappears. Like most Quality Improvement approaches it is not magic; “there is no silver bullet”.
Root cause analysis (RCA) is one of many quality improvement approaches used to identify, understand and resolve root causes of problems or incidents. It is the application in a different way of a series of well-known techniques which when used effectively can produce a systematic, quantified and documented approach to the identification, understanding and resolution of underlying causes of under achieved quality or ineffective processes within the organization.
In this course the attendees will learn some of the commonly used techniques which are at most times misunderstood when coming to their deployment and hence ineffective. Attendees will be able to apply some of the RCA methods on problems and understand how these methods enable understand the problems in greater details and hence attack at resolving the very cause of the problem.
From an audit perspective root-causes are the underlying causes for any problem. They are those that can be reasonably identified and over which management has control, hence leading to effective recommendations to issues raised.
- Day 1: 08:30 – 14:00
- Day 2: 08:30 – 14:00
- Day 3: 08:30 – 14:00
On completion of this course the attendee will be able to:
- Understand and implement the “Root Cause Analysis methodology”
- Understand and practically employ the basic techniques associated with Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Identify where RCA can be used for best effect
- Promote the ability to provide problem-solving support in situations where one is not an expert in the process or technology involved.
- Expand the range of tools available for analysis of problem situations.
- Develop and build ready-to-use templates
- Facilitate RCA within their own organization