Date(s) - 26/09/2022 - 27/09/2022
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Organizations face risks all the time. Some are known whilst others come to the front only when they hit the organization. It is therefore important to protect the long-term stability of the organization by understanding the risks it faces.
Further individuals have their own definitions and framework making it difficult to deploy it effectively within the organization. ISO 31000 provides the option to have a common understanding of risks and the risk management framework.
ISO 31000 isn’t a certifiable standard, but provides organizations with principles, framework and a process for managing their risks. It can be used regardless of the type of industry or the size of the organization. It can also be used to compare risk management processes within organizations to benchmark.
Through case studies and workshops the participants will be able to acquire the necessary knowledge and understanding of the standard for implementation within their own organization and the expected benefits.
On completion of this course the attendee will be able to:
1. Describe and explain the fundamentals of risk management
2. Describe Hazards v-s Risks
3. Understand Risks and Risk Register
4. Describe the relevance and context of ISO 31000
5. Outline the structure and purpose of IS0 31000
6. Elaborate on the Principles, Framework and Processes of ISO 31000
7. Describe the Risk Management process
8. Similarities and Differences between COSO and ISO 31000