Date(s) - 22/05/2023 - 24/05/2023
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
About this course:
Persuasive communication is an essential skill for auditors at all levels, and high-quality audit reports are a key communication tool. By participating in this course, auditors in all sectors and at all levels will learn what goes into an effective audit observation and how to organize reports that meet professional standards, elicit management action, and communicate crucial messages to executives and board-level readers. By honing these skills, they can distinguish themselves in their current positions and prepare themselves for advancement.
This is a hands-on course that focuses on the organization and structure of audit reports, and includes case study activities for practicing the basics of audit report writing.
The Audit-Report Writing Task
- Recognize the criteria for, and importance of, writing audit reports.
- Explain why audit reports are written.
- List the readers of your reports.
- Describe how readers use the reports.
- Describe limitations placed on your reports and on yourself as a report writer.
Components of Audit Observations
- Complete the five components of an audit observation.
- Identify types of criteria.
- Create condition summaries.
- Determine levels of cause.
- Determine levels of effect (or consequence).
- Create recommendations and action plans.
- List the components of audit observations.
Audit Report Structure
- Construct an audit report.
- Evaluate the importance of the various sections included in audit reports.
- Apply one of the four formats to write an audit Observation.
- Distinguish the advantages and disadvantages of different report formats.
Quality of Reporting
- Develop reports that are accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive, complete, and timely.
- Develop coherence.
- Practice objectivity.
- Ensure sentence clarity.
- Rephrase technical terminology.
- Write with readability and conciseness.
CPE Credits: 21
Field of Study: Communication
Advance Preparation: None
Bookings are closed for this event.